Monday, July 20, 2009

Zucchini Cake

A woman who works in our business brought a zucchini cake into the office a few weeks ago. Although I didn't try it at the time, I was assured by DB and my mum that it was truly delicious and must be baked. Krystle was kind enough to give me the recipe, and everyone was right, it is truly delicious. Too delicious to keep to myself!


Zucchini/Courgette Cake

Ingredients

500g zucchini, grated
200ml vegetable oil
375g sugar
3 eggs, beaten
300g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
180g walnuts or pecans, chopped

Method

1. Mix together zucchini, oil, sugar and eggs. 2. Sift dry ingredients and add to zucchini mixture. 3. Stir in nuts. 4. Spoon into a greased and lined loaf tin, I usually get 2 or 3 cakes. 5. Bake in oven at 180 deg Celsius for 45 minutes. 6. Enjoy!

No comments: