Monday, June 08, 2009

Fleur Playmat

This week has been a great one for sewing. I have a new neice on the way in the next few weeks, and needed to get a gift made to post this week (my brother-in-law and his family currently live in the States). I've been wanting to make a Fleur Playmat by Onegirl Designwrks for ages. I got the pattern in a copy of Australian Homespun (Kids Issue) which I picked up at the Stitches and Craft Show for $5. Talk about a bargain! I missed it when it came out, so was super happy to get it eventually!


The only alterations to the pattern I made were with the face. I appliqued the yellow face and polka dot cheeks, and blanket stitched the eyelashes. I think it came out really nicely, although I could have done with cutting the batting for the circle a little bigger. I followed the instructions, so am not sure what happened (perhaps my allowance was smaller), but it is a bit short of the edges, so next time I will cut it a couple of cm's bigger (can always make it smaller if it needs to be!)


No comments: