Thursday, January 28, 2010

Australia Day

We celebrated Australia Day in style, and perhaps some photos of the day are a good way to get back into the swing of blogging. My sister bought Ruby a bandana to wear on the day. We couldn't work out the best way to get it on her so I made an elastic waisted skirt by cutting it in half. She looked every bit the Vegemite kid!

We had friends around for a bbq and of course listened to Triple J's Hottest 100. Unlike a lot of people I wasn't too unhappy with the countdown. I hardly listened to any radio over 2009, but we've finally got the sound system in the lounge hooked up, so I intend to rectify that this year.




It has been a long time since I've been regularly posting, and we've been up to all sorts of things around here. We had our trip to the United States for five weeks and Ruby's 1st Birthday the day after we got home. Christmas came quickly as did New Year's and then I find myself at the end of January. How does that happen?


Cake by my sister Alyssa


Some US highlights:


1. 1st ride on a carousel, 2. Pina Colada, 3. Hoover Dam, 4. Cathedral Rock, 5. Making cake for Issy's Birthday, 6. Cold Love, 7. Ohhhh can I do it Mum?, 8. Ruby's What Not, 9. Rockefeller Centre, 10. Lincoln Memorial, 11. The White House, 12. On the Way, 13. Cathedral Rock, 14. Yum, 15. Still taking a break, 16. Taking a break, 17. Times Square, 18. Jacqui O Reservoir, 19. Detail, 20. Rockefeller Centre, 21. Baby it's cold out there..., 22. Independence Hall, 23. Mr Barack, let me in!!!, 24. Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden, 25. Capitol Hill


I didn't write a long list of resolutions for 2010. I do have some goals for this year though, rather than resolutions.

- I'd like to supplement my current $0 income with some crafty things that I enjoy doing.
- I want to continue spending as much time with Ruby as possible, exploring the wonderful world we live in.
- I want to continue meeting regularly with other parents, exchanging ideas etc, but also some time without the little to explore some crafty ideas (oh to live in Melbourne and be a Brown Owl!)... note to self - have just discovered Adelaide Brown Owls, which I missed by a day - must keep my eyes open (apparently I have been under a rock)...
- To cook lot's more!! ... new recipes!

I also want to get involved with a few not-for-profit endeavours, the first I've come across is being organised by Lizzy, and I have to say I am very much looking forward to participating in Project Patchwork.

Here's to an action packed 2010!

No comments: